Stage 3 COVID-19 - Update
Reid Stores continue to trade as usual.
With the recommendation of social distancing from the government, there has been a tendency of people avoiding/limiting their use of public transport options. Also, with recent closures of various exercise options (e.g. gyms, organised sport, boot camps), there are limited options for us all when it comes to physical activity. As a result of this, we understand that for many of us, cycling is, therefore, becoming the most favorable option for both transport and exercise.
We want to make sure that anyone wanting to get cycling during this time has access to do so.
To ensure the safety of all customers and staff, we have implemented the below measures:
- EFTPOS “tap and go” payments preferred instead of cash for in-store transactions to avoid contact with notes. The EFTPOS machine will also be sanitised after each use.
- Keeping a safe distance of 1.5-2 meters distance between staff and other customers - avoiding physical contact (e.g. handshakes).
- Increased daily cleaning routine and regular cleaning of store surfaces and door handles.
- Stores will have a maximum number of customers allowed within the store at any given time. Once this maximum is reached, the door will be locked, and we ask that customers wait outside for staff to open the door.
- Our employees have been advised not to come into work and to self isolate if they are feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms. We also ask that customers that are feeling unwell also do that same.
For those not wanting or able to shop in-store, we are offering free delivery to most of Australia on all bikes purchases. If you are feeling ill or have a fever, please stay at home and shop online.
We appreciate your assistance and support during this time, and hope we can all take care of each other.
Take care and stay safe,
The Reid Cycles Team