Scout 24" Kids Bike Light Aqua
Scout 24" Kids Bike Light Aqua
Click & Collect Customers: Your chosen store will phone you within 24 hours to confirm a collection date based on location of stock and your chosen store.
The Reid Scout is built tough to deliver huge fun for little riders - with the quality, safety and value that parents love to see. Sized for riders 135-145cm (9-12 years of age).
Reid knows that youngsters are the roughest test riders on the planet - so these bikes are built with quality alloy parts designed to withstand years of being left in the rain, taken over jumps and ridden through the muddiest of creeks. These are not your average kid’s bikes.
From the footpath to the dirt track, the Scout kids bike is designed to build confidence and encourage free-flowing adventure.
A quality build with trusted components means a safer, more enjoyable ride and these bikes are the real deal - with quality adjustable alloy components that can grow with young riders.
- Lightweight, hydroformed alloy frame that is safe and easy to control
- Shimano 21-speed Tourney gearing to keep those legs moving over the toughest terrain
- Confidence-inspiring contact points (handlebars, grips, saddle and pedals) that have been dialled to suit young riders
- Suspension fork to soak up the bumps and improve control over tricky ground
- Quality alloy parts and sealed bearing bottom bracket to withstand years of use and abuse
- 12.8 kg
|Frame||Reid 6061 hydroformed alloy junior mtb frame|
|Forks||24\ junior suspension fork|
|Wheelset / Rim||Reid double wall alloy 36h|
|Brakes||Tektro alloy v-brakes|
|Tyres||24 x 1.95\ off-road mtb|
|Hubs||Alloy 36h rear screw on fw|
|Freewheel / Cassette||Shimano 7-speed freewheel (14-28t)|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano tourney tz30|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano tourney ty21|
|Handlebars||Reid alloy riserbars 600mm 50mm rise|
|Stem||Alloy threadless 60mm 10° rise|
|Shifters||Shimano tourney rs35 revoshift|
|Bottom Bracket||Neco b902 sealed bearing|
|Brake Lever||Tektro junior mtb specific|
|Pedals||Nylon platform 9/16″steel axle|
|Grips||Reid mtb 120mm/75mm (rh)|
|Seatpost||Alloy 27.2mm micro adjust 250mm|
|Chainset||Alloy 154mm 24/34/42t w/ chainguard|
|12" (BALANCE)||80cm - 100cmcm||2'6" - 3'1"|
|16"||100cm - 120 cmcm||3'4" - 4'0"|
|20"||120cm - 135cmcm||4'0" - 4'5"|
|24"||135cm - 145cmcm||4'5" - 4'9"|
This series of how-to video guides will take you through each step of assembling and tuning your new Bike. Watch the series or choose the tasks you need help with:
Assembly instructions guide
If you prefer to work from step-by-step diagrams, you can use this Assembly Instruction Guide for key points on all basic areas of bike assembly.
Need more assistance?
Please contact Customer Service for friendly expert advice to help you get your bike ready to ride. We welcome your questions as they will help us to improve the instructions we provide in future.
Our Scout 24" Kids Bike Light Aqua includes the industry-leading Reid Warranty: lifetime on frame and rigid forks, 2 years on non-consumable parts and a free first service to get you going. Test ride in-store or shop online to enjoy a 30 Day Test Ride to guarantee you get a great deal.
Click and Collect
Buy online and collect in-store from our Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth stores fully assembled by our bike mechanics and ready to ride.
Be advised that your chosen store will phone you within 24 hours of ordering to confirm a collection date based on your availability, the location of stock and your chosen collection store.
Our bikes are shipped in a box 85% assembled and require basic assembly, like turning handlebars and inserting pedals. Check out our Assembly Videos that give instructions on how to do this.
Buy One, Plant One
Since January 2020 we have partnered with Eden Reforestation Projects to donate enough money to pay a local person a fair wage to grow, plant and guard to maturity 1 native tree for every bike we sell.
We've now planted more than 200,000 trees and counting.
- APAnna P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range Under 18How often you ride RegularlyReasons you ride Fun, Fitness, Wellbeing, Outdoors, FamilyRated 5 out of 5 stars13 seconds agoGreat bike at an affordable price
The bike arrived quickly and was easy to assemble. It's not too heavy and my daughter is very happy with itValue for moneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Component qualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SPScott P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range Under 18How often you ride SometimesReasons you ride Fun, Outdoors, WellbeingRated 4 out of 5 stars4 months agoGood for a young girl
Stepping up in size and first time gears for a young girl. Happy with bike, only negative is gears are not always a crisp clean change, which is not ideally for a first timer on gears. Otherwise a very good bikeValue for moneyRated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Component qualityRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SCStephanie C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range Under 18How often you ride RegularlyReasons you ride Commuting, Family, Fun, One less carRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat bike
My daughter loves this bike. Perfect for the school run or the park. Bought for her as a 9 yo, should last her a few years at least.Value for moneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Component qualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.