Reid Cycles Website Terms & Conditions of Use
This website is owned and operated by Bargain Bicycles Pty Ltd ABN 49 145 535 931 ('Reid Cycles'). The website is made available to you for your use on the condition that you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use ('Terms'). Reference to 'us' mean Reid Cycles and include its related bodies corporate and associates as those terms are defined in the Corporations Act 2001 and references to 'you' mean you, the user of the website. By using the website, you are deemed to have accepted the Terms. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between us and you concerning the website.
Reid Cycles is the owner or authorised user of all intellectual property in and associated with the website. Reid Cycles is also the owner or authorised user of the trademarks, logos, names and designs, whether registered or unregistered, in and associated with the website.
You have no rights in or license to any of the intellectual property, trademarks, logos, content, names or designs associated with the website, whether registered or unregistered.
Copyright in website material
All of the material on and in relation to the website is and remains the property of Reid Cycles at all times, or in the case of some material, an authorised third party. You are not permitted to copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, post or distribute, whether electronically or otherwise, any material from the website. Any other use of the website material constitutes a breach of Reid Cycle's copyright and other proprietary rights. You may however link to, copy and email our webpage URL's for any purpose. Please contact us if you would like to discuss our Affiliate Program.
Third party sites
This website may contain links to third party websites. These links are not recommendations or endorsements by Reid Cycles and we do not take responsibility for the content or functionality of those websites. Access to those sites are solely at your own risk.
Usernames and Passwords
If Reid Cycles authorises you to register for or otherwise use online shopping, then you must keep your username and password confidential. Nor may you permit any other person to use that username or password (either for their own use or on your behalf).
Once registered you will be entitled to shop online and purchase products securely with your valid credit card, direct deposit or PayPal account. By submitting an order you represent and warrant that you are authorised to use the designated card or method of payment and authorise us to charge your order (including taxes and freight charges) to that card or payment method. If the card (or other method) cannot be verified, is invalid, or is otherwise unacceptable, your order may be suspended or cancelled.
Customers are automatically signed up to the Reid mailing list at time of checkout. We respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe from the list at anytime via any newsletter or from your account dashboard.
Reid Cycles endeavour to make reproduction of colours as accurate as photographic processes allow. Please note however that product colours instore may vary slightly from what is displayed on your computer screen and will vary perceptibly from monitor to monitor.
Although listed on the website, some items, sizes, colours and styles may be temporarily or permanently out of stock. We aim to ensure that our website is accurate, however sometimes errors occur, for which we apologise.
Some products might require customer assembly or you may be required to obtain the assistance of a trained mechanic at your own cost and expense.
Reid endeavour to provide complete and easy to follow assembly instructions where applicable, however, damage caused by incorrect assembly by you or a non-Reid Cycles third party chosen by you will not be covered under your Warranty.
Although Reid Cycles endeavour to despatch in-stock orders within 48 business hours, please allow up to ten (10) working days for delivery of online orders subject to location. Delivery time is subject to stock availability from the fulfilment locations and this period may be extended up to thirty (30) days. Reid Cycles will endeavour to notify you of any delays.
Reid Cycles will send out Split Orders in circumstances where the closest store to the delivery address does not have in stock all products on an order. in this case, product A and B may arrive at different times. Reid Cycles will endeavour to inform you of any Split Order deliveries and will cover any extra associated delivery costs.
All references to $ and dollars on the website are in Australian currency (AUD). All prices were current at the time of publication on the website and are inclusive of GST.
While we make every endeavour to ensure the accuracy of our website, in the event of system based pricing errors if you acquire a product at the incorrect price we will advise you as soon as possible and we reserve the right to cancel the transaction/your order and refund the mistaken purchase price to you.
Freight charges are payable in addition to the product price unless the order qualifies for Free Shipping. A number of different delivery methods may be used depending on the type of order.
If the delivery is by courier, products will not be delivered to an unattended address unless an Authority to Leave instruction has been provided by you at the time of placing your order. Click here for full Delivery Terms.
"Content" means avatars, blogs, comments, compliments, criticisms, discussions, forums, images, observations, opinions, pictures, rankings, recommendations, responses, testimonials, text, videos.
"Disseminate" means any form of communication by any means howsoever through any medium, including, without limitation, email, uploading, downloading, posting, listing, posting hyperlinks to, chatting, book-marking, social network sharing (including via Facebook, Twitter, and the like), transmitting, publishing.
From time to time you might be entitled to create and upload Content to be stored on the Reid Cycles website provided that:
- The Content will be your original work;
- You will not copy, plagiarise, reproduce or otherwise Disseminate the work of any other person;
- The Content will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- The Content is uploaded or connected in accordance with our instructions from time to time, including via the use of other services and technologies, including YouTube; and
- You adhere to these Terms.
You grant Reid Cycles the non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right to Disseminate, reproduce, edit, modify, distribute, display and delete such Content (in whole or in part) via the Reid Cycles website or via such other medium or channel as determined by Reid Cycles from time to time.
You consent to other Reid Cycles website users accessing, using and viewing the Content.
You will at all relevant times remain the exclusive owner of the Content that you create and upload to the Reid Cycles website.
Reid Cycles has the unfettered right at any time to temporarily or permanently remove your Content, in part or full.
You waive the following Moral Right's in respect of the Content that you create and upload:
- The right to attribution of authorship as defined in the Copyright Act 1968, and
- The right of integrity of authorship as defined in the Copyright Act 1968, and
- The right not to have the work subjected to derogatory treatment as defined in the Copyright Act 1968.
This section headed "Content" survives the termination of these Terms.
Restrictions on use
You must not use the Reid Cycles website for any unlawful, immoral or unethical purpose, as we determine in our sole and absolute discretion, including:
- the Dissemination of unsolicited or unauthorised commercial electronic messages, SPAM, advertising or promotional material;
- the impersonation or theft of another person’s identity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, including Reid Cycles;
- the creation or Dissemination of false or alias identities;
- to harass, threaten, stalk or otherwise communicate with any person against their will;
- to vilify others, including, without limitation based on race, ethnicity, sex, sexual preferences, religion or politics;
- the Dissemination of pornography, including child pornography involving a person under the age of 18 years or such age as provided by the laws and/or regulations of the countries or jurisdictions in which you use the Reid Cycles website, whichever is younger;
- to defame, slander or libel any person;
- for the purpose of money laundering, terrorist activities, causing civil unrest and other criminal activities;
- for the purpose of phishing;
- for the purposes of industrial espionage or Dissemination of inside information gained or propagated by unlawful means;
- to Disseminate or otherwise infringe upon the private and/or confidential information or intellectual property rights of any person or infringe the publicity rights any person;
- to Disseminate material that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, tortious or otherwise objectionable.
You must not:
- copy, or allow to be copied, all or part of the Content or underlying website code, other than as expressly permitted under these Terms. You must not Disseminate Content that has been created and uploaded to the Reid Cycles website by other people.
- commercialise all or part of the Reid Cycles website;
- use the Reid Cycles website or upload Content to promote, market, distribute or sell any goods or services;
- make any adaptation, modification or derivative work of the other people's Content;
- sell, rent, lease, sub-license, assign or transfer all or part of your rights under these Terms;
- use any type of spider, virus, worm, trojan horse, time bomb, adware, bot, hack, malware, phishing or other malicious codes, computer activity, application, executable, program, software or instructions that are designed to:
- disable, damage, disrupt or disassemble all or part of the Reid Cycles website; or
- communicate or seek to communicate with persons using the Reid Cycles website;
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Reid Cycles excludes any and all liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost or expense, however or wherever incurred, including, but not limited to any loss, damage, cost or expense that results from:
- your use or misuse of the website or any material on the website;
- your inability to access or use the website or any material on the website;
- the loss or modification of information or material transmitted to or from the website;
- the loss of confidentiality in any information or material transmitted to or from the website;
- any defect, technical problem or virus attached to or arising from the website or the server;
- the use or misuse of the website or any material on the website by other users or the conduct of other users on or through the website;
- any injury or illness you or any other person sustains as a result of the use of the website; and
- the products displayed on the website being unavailable at any time.
If Reid Cycles breaches any term, condition or warranty which is implied by law and cannot be lawfully excluded, the liability of Reid Cycles for a breach of the applicable term, condition or warranty is limited to, at the election of Reid Cycles:
- the resupply of the relevant product, advice, service, recommendation or information; or
- the payment to you of the cost of having the relevant product, advice, service, recommendation or information supplied again.
You are entitled to statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. Reid Cycles does not exclude or limit those consumer guarantees.
You indemnify Reid Cycles, its subsidiaries, related entities, officers and employees against any and all loss, damage, demand, cost or expense claimed by a third party as a result of or in connection with your use of or conduct on the website.
Additional terms and conditions are attached to certain pages of the website such as competitions from time to time. You should ensure that you are familiar with and are prepared to abide by these additional requirements before you make use of these particular website pages.
Changes to the website and your access
Without prior notice to you and in its absolute discretion, Reid Cycles reserves the right to:
- vary or discontinue the website or any page of the website at any time; and
- suspend or terminate your access to part or all of the website at any time,
and Reid Cycles is not liable to you for any loss, damage, cost or expense you may suffer if it exercises any of these rights.
Changes to the Terms
Reid Cycles reserves the right to amend the Terms from time to time. Amended Terms come into effect from the time they are posted on the website. You should review this page regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes to the Terms.
Severance of clauses
If any clause of these Terms is held to be invalid, void, unlawful or unenforceable for any reason, that clause will be severed from the Terms and it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remainder of the Terms.