With the simplicity of a rigid setup, the Vice 2.0 is the all-round MTB adventure bike built for climbing performance and confidence inspiring control on the descents.
Plus bikes climb like a mountain goat and grab the trail like a vice on the corners and descents for a fast, playful ride. These bikes are the perfect platform for the beginner or intermediate rider looking to really boost their trail-blasting abilities, while promising more advanced riders an agile bike that holds the ground like a DH rig.
Plus bikes are the latest progression in Mountain Biking. Built with all the new features and standards in the new 27+ category, the Vice 2.0 is a true all-round MTB adventure bike that can rip when called upon to do so:
- Dialled performance trail geometry on a lightweight alloy frame. Tapered headtube, thru axles and front/rear rack mounts for those bike packing adventures. Features a slack 68 degree head angle, 760mm wide bars and short 60mm stem for the confidence to hit technical sections at pace.
- Shimano Deore M615 Shadow Plus 1x10 gearing (11-40T cassette) with an FSA Comet 1 x crankset and BOOST 148 specific, FSA Mega Exo bottom bracket for crisp, reliable performance.
- Designed with the new wider BOOST 148 standard - 110x15mm thru axle hub up front and a 148x12mm thru axle at the rear with Formula sealed bearings. Effectively the front and rear hubs are wider and the cranks are adjusted to sit further out to improve chainline and allow for the wider tyre clearance in the frame. The wider hubs also provide greater wheel strength.
- Rigid forks offer a unique riding experience – in addition to being virtually bombproof, they are lighter up front and climb with optimal efficiency.
- The big rubber on a 27+ lets you tweak your setup to largely compensate for the loss of suspension in the front when hitting the rough stuff. The frame is suspension corrected though making the addition of suspension forks an easy upgrade down the track.
- Shimano Deore M615 Hydraulic Disc brakes (180mm front, 160mm rear) for serious stopping control.
- Big traction from 2.8” wide WTB Trailblazer tyres mounted to Alex MD40 27.5+ specific 40mm wide rims. These rims are tubeless ready so you can just add suitable tyres, sealant and some valve stems to enjoy even more traction and the reliability of riding tubeless.
The perfect setup for taking you on epic bike-packing adventure weekends or just getting out to blast some trails. Plus bikes push you to hold more speed, brake less and go wider on the berms. They also give you the traction to forgive a less-than-perfect line in all conditions, giving you the confidence to let it all hang out!
The Plus Bike progression in MTB lets both newcomers and more experienced riders get more from their ride – go faster with more control, climb steeper sections and negotiate trickier descents.
Plus bikes (27.5+) are the next big thing in Mountain Biking, and Reid is again the first manufacturer to bring you the latest gear at an amazing price!
Shop online or view the full range of bikes in store, built by our skilled mechanics and ready for a test ride!
|Frame Material||Reid 6061-T6 Alloy, BOOST 148 spacing, 27.5+, Thru Axle and rear rack mounts|
|Fork||Tapered A head, suspension adjusted, Thru Axle|
|Gearing||Shimano Deore M615 Shadow Plus 1x10|
|Crankset||FSA Comet MT Boost 148, 24mm axle, Mega Exo|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M615 Right hand 10 Spd|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M615 Shadow Plus|
|Brakes||Shimano M355 hydraulic disc, Rotors: 180mm front, 160mm rear|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Hydraulic|
|Hub||Formula sealed bearing disc hubs with thru axles front and rear, 110mm front, 148mm Boost rear spacing|
|Wheelset-Rim||Alex MD40 double walled, tubeless ready|
|Tyres||WTB Trail Blazer 27.5*2.8" 27tpi casing, wire bead|
|Freewheel/Cassette||Sunrace 10 Spd, 11-40T|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA Mega Exo integrated with Crankset|
|Handlebars||Reid Oversize Alloy 760mm|
|Stem||Reid 1-1/8'' Threadless Alloy, Oversize, 60mm|
|Grips||Reid lock On ring|
|Saddle||Reid MTB saddle|
|Seatpost||Reid Alloy 31.6mm Micro Adjust|
|Pedals||VP-538 reinforced nylon fibre platform pedal, sealed bearing, CNC machined axle|
We continually work to improve our products so designs and specifications are subject to change. Please contact us to confirm if you have any questions.
Write Your Own Review
|Reid Vice 2.0 Plus Bike||S||M||L||XL|
|TT Length (horizontal top tube)||580||598||614||630|
* Length measurements are in millimeters.
Reid Cycles ships bikes, parts and accessories anywhere in Australia!
Free shipping of bikes is available to most metropolitan and some regional areas. We also combined shipping wherever possible to keep the price down. Once you have one or more items in your cart, view your cart, pop your postcode in and we'll give you the combined shipping price. We are currently unable to ship to overseas addresses, please contact our customer services team to enquire about distributors in your area.
We aim to keep the price as low as possible by shipping smaller items for free if they can be shipped with larger items. Helmets, shoes and parts most often ship for free with your new bike!
Remember that bikes are shipped boxed, and 85% assembled. The final assembly required includes the installation of the handlebars, front wheel, pedals and saddle, adjusting the brakes and tuning the gears. We recommend that the assembly is done by a qualified bike mechanic or other suitably qualified person. Damage caused by incorrect assembly (such as installing the pedals the wrong way around) is not covered by your warranty.
Orders for items that are currently in stock are usually despatched within 1 to 2 working days. You'll receive an email with tracking information once the order has been despatched. Certain periods of the year are seasonably busy, with much higher volumes than normal. At these times, we still aim to despatch within 1 to 2 days, but deliveries may take a little longer due to our couriers' workload.
It's always best to send to an address that always has someone in attendance, such as a business address. You may also want to give our courier an 'authority to leave' instruction, which is an instruction to say that there is a safe place leave to delivery, even if there is no one there to take delivery. Only give us an 'authority to leave' if you're confident that the delivery will be safe. Otherwise, the courier can leave a 'sorry we missed you' card, allowing you to arrange redelivery.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
In Store Collection in one of our stores is always free! Your bike comes fully assembly, adjusted and ready to go. You can order online for pickup in store. The store will receive your order, assemble your bike and give you a call when it’s ready to collect! Whenever possible, we recommend collection in store. The bike will be fully assembled by an experienced Reid Cycles mechanic. Our staff will also be happy to help you make final adjustments, set saddle height and answer any other questions you might have!
Reid Cycles offers an industry-leading warranty on every Reid bike we sell.
For your peace of mind, we include:
A lifetime warranty on every frame we sell
A lifetime warranty on all rigid forks, including our carbon fibre range
A 2-year warranty on all suspension forks, Shimano components and Mavic Aksium wheelsets
A 12-month warranty on all other non-consumable components
We love our customers, so in the unlikely event of an issue, we want to resolve this to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.
For any warranty issues, please contact the store where you purchased the product. For online sales, you can contact the customer service team. Please find the relevant phone numbers and email addresses on our Contact Us page.
So we can help you as quickly as possible, we may ask you to pop an email to email@example.com with a description of the issue and some photos of the affected part.
For full warranty terms, please visit our Warranty Policy page