Around the Bay Training Rides
11 February, 2020
To get them motivated and help boost their training, our three sponsored riders will be joining Bicycle Network on an organised training ride this weekend.
So if you need some motivation to train or just want to practice riding in a group, head down to meet Shayna, Paul and Nick. All are welcome!
Details of the ride are below.
- Time: 7:30am
- Ride leader: Stefan, Team Bicycle Network
- Location: St. Kilda - Black Rock - Mordialloc - Black Rock - St. Kilda
- Average Speed: 22 - 27 km/hr with a short break included (no drop policy)
- Distance: 42km return loop
- Duration: 2.45 hours
- Where: Starting at Soul Kitchen Cafe, the group will roll along Beach Rd through to Black Rock, taking a short break if needed in Black Rock. From here, the group will continue to Mordialloc. We'll take a short break, refill water bottles and then begin our return trip to Soul Kitchen Cafe for a well deserved coffee.
- Please note: It's suggested all riders bring two full water bottles, food and a spare tube.
You'll be able to build confidence in the group ride situation, an essential skill when completing Around the Bay. Even if you're not entered in Around the Bay, the training rides are still free and are open to anyone.
Want to join the challenge, step up and complete a distance you never thought you could?