You can enjoy FREE test rides of any Reid bike, electric bike or scooter if you shop at any of our stores. Our team will fit you for the right bike and walk you through the options so you can buy with confidence.
For online customers, we offer a 30 Day Test Ride
Our 30 Day Online Test Ride makes it easy for online customers to check the bike they’ve purchased is the correct size and style for them.
When you receive the bike you've purchased online, we encourage you to test ride it on a sealed surface like bitumen or concrete. We do ask that this is done carefully though so the bike can be returned in “as new” condition if you want a refund or exchange.
We are so confident in the quality of our product that we will then give you 30 days to decide!
If the bike is not right for you, we’ll arrange for a courier to collect it and then issue a refund as per the terms below.
If you’re happy with your bike though, simply keep it and you'll be covered by the industry-leading Reid Cycles Warranty.
Terms & Conditions
1. Our 30 Day Test Ride Bike Return is available on all bikes and scooters purchased online from Reid Cycles (including electric models). This period commences from the day your product is delivered, and you must then inform us by email of your intention to return within 30 days of this date.
2. Please inform our Customer Service team immediately if your bike was damaged on arrival. You can do this by calling us on (03) 9314 9199 or emailing email@example.com
3. You are free to unpack and assemble the bike for sizing and inspection, and then carefully test-ride on a sealed surface like bitumen or concrete for a short distance. We will not accept change of mind returns on bikes that have been ridden off-road or if there is evidence of wear and tear from use. Bikes that are not returned in “as new” condition will attract repair fees or be refused a refund.
4. Damage caused from improper use, abuse of the policy or incorrect assembly will be repaired and charged for at full retail rates. You will be advised of these charges before a refund is issued.
5. If you choose to proceed with a return, we will organise a courier for you to collect the bike. This will be charged at the same subsidised shipping cost you initially paid to receive the bike. We will liaise with you to organise an appropriate pick up day. Should you miss this agreed collection, a $25 futile pickup fee will be charged.
6. We will only accept the return if the bike is carefully packaged in the same original packaging used to deliver the bike to you. This includes the protective padding and cardboard around the frame, wheels and components. If the bike incurs damage during return transit due to inadequate packaging by the customer, Reid Cycles reserves the right to charge the cost of replacement of the damaged part or component.
You may find it helpful to refer to the video guide on Unboxing Your Bike and follow the steps in reverse.
NOTE: Please remember to deflate the tyres before boxing the bike for return. Inflated tyres can burst if the bike is being shipped by air.
7. Refunds will be authorised once our mechanic has thoroughly inspected the returned bike. Please be aware this process can take up to 5 business days once the bike is received at our warehouse. Returns dropped off to a Reid store will be processed within 24 hours, unless the return needs to be escalated to our Support Team. Please allow processing time for the funds to appear back into your account.
8. Refunds will be issued as soon as the bike has received approval from our mechanics. Should the bike fail inspection, the customer will be contacted about the break of policy and any fees.
9. The refund paid to you will be for the bike only and will not include any shipping costs incurred during your original transaction.
10. We will accept the return of a built bike if you take it to one of our stores. The requirement for the bike to be in “as new” condition remains.
The bike was damaged when I received it. What should I do?
Please take photos of the damage to the bike and/or packaging and contact our Customer Service team immediately. We will assess the damage and provide advice on next steps.
Do I get a refund for the shipping cost?
The refund you receive will be for the bike only - minus any charges for damage. In many cases we have already paid to subsidise shipping costs so will not refund this amount.
How do I return accessories?
Our normal returns policy applies to unused accessories and you can return these in “as new” condition with original packaging and tags. Click here for full details of our Returns Policy.
How will the bike be collected from me?
You will need to contact Customer Service to register your return. We will then agree with you on a suitable collection date for a courier to visit your address and collect the packaged bike for return.
You will need to be at the collection address in person. Should you miss this agreed collection, a $25 futile pickup fee will be charged.
When will I receive the refund in my account?
Refunds will be authorised within 5 days after we receive the bike at our warehouse. This will give our mechanic time to inspect the bike. If you return the bike to one of our stores, this will be done within 24 hours unless the return needs to be escalated to our Support Team. Should the bike fail inspection, you will be contacted about the break of policy and any fees. Please allow processing time for the funds to appear back into your account.
I’ve had the bike longer than 30 days and I’ve discovered a manufacturing fault - can I still return?
This situation would be covered under the terms of your Warranty.
I’ve already thrown out the packaging but want to return the bike. What do I do?
Please contact our Customer Service team to discuss options.