Shipping & Returns Policy
Free shipping is currently available to all mainland (includes Tasmania) addresses in Australia on orders over $75 - including bikes. Reid Cycles subsidise shipping costs to all other Australian addresses so you get the best deal.
- Receive free shipping on orders over $75 (including bikes) to all mainland & Tasmanian addresses
- Shipping to all other areas is subsidised by Reid
- Shipping to remote island locations can be calculated at checkout or call customer service for an estimate on (03) 9329 1222
- Click and Collect pickup options are always free for all products
Areas with shipping surcharge
Shipping of bikes is currently free to all of the Australian mainland and Tasmania. Due to the high costs of postage and on-forwarding for large items to remote island locations however, these areas will incur a surcharge (Reid subsidise all shipping but cannot cover it all in all cases). The surcharge will be applied to your cart during the checkout process.
For more information, please call our customer service team on (03) 9329 1222
We do not ship outside of Australia. If you live overseas and would like to buy a Reid bike please visit our international website to view a list of retailers.
We are able to offer pre-christmas delivery to those living in metro areas in Adelaide, Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales if you order by the 18th December
- This delivery estimate has been supplied to us by our courier Direct Freight Express and is correct to the best of our knowledge
- Once your item(s) are accepted by Direct Freight Express, Reid Cycles is no longer liable for arrival dates
Estimated dispatch & shipping times
Orders for items that are currently in stock are usually dispatched within 1 to 2 working days (business days only). You'll receive an email with tracking information once the order has been dispatched. Delivery times can vary depending on the size of the items ordered, with bulky goods taking longer than smaller items. The below delivery estimates are calculated from time of purchase:
- VIC: 4-7 business days
- NSW: 4-7 business days
- SA: 4-7 business days
- QLD: 4-7 business days
- NT, Nth QLD: 6-9 business days
- WA, TAS: 7-10 business days
- Other rural/remote destinations: 7-14 business days
Click & Collect - In-store pickup
Collection from one of our stores is always free! When collected in-store, your bike comes fully assembled by an experienced Reid Cycles mechanic, adjusted and ready to go.
The store will receive your order, assemble your bike and give you a call within 2-5 days advising when your bike can be picked up.Whenever possible, we recommend collection in store. See full details on Click and Collect here.
Remember that bikes are shipped boxed, and 85% assembled. The final assembly required includes the installation of the handlebars, front wheel, pedals and saddle, adjusting the brakes and tuning the gears. We recommend that the assembly is done by a qualified bike mechanic or other suitably qualified person. Damage caused by incorrect assembly (such as installing the pedals the wrong way around) is not covered by your warranty.
Please see our 'How to guides' for assembly instructions if you do choose to assemble a bike yourself.
It's always best to send to an address that always has someone in attendance, such as a business address. You may also want to give our courier an 'authority to leave' instruction. Only give us an 'authority to leave' if you're confident that the delivery will be safe. Otherwise, the courier can leave a 'sorry we missed you' card, allowing you to arrange redelivery.
Please note that we do not currently deliver to PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Our policy lasts 30 days (unless you have a warranty claim, please see our warranty info for more details). If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. We will only accept returns on clothing that is in as-new condition, unworn and with the tags included. For hygiene reasons, in particular with knicks or shorts, we cannot accept the return of items that have been worn. Perishable goods such as food & supplements cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items: Gift cards
If you purchased an item online it can be returned by sending it back to us. The process for submitting a return is;
- Contact our customer service team at email@example.com or call us on (03) 9329 1222.
- Provide all neccessary details as outlined below.
- We will do our best to respond within a 24 hour time period on business days with next steps of the return process.
We'll need the following information to quickly process your return:
- Your order number, if known; it appears on the top of your order confirmation email
- Your name and address
- A description of the issue with the item that you are returning
- Whether you would prefer a refund or exchange
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Your item can also be returned to the Reid Cycles store that you purchased it from, accompanied with a copy of your receipt, if this is more convenient for you. Returns done in store can be processed immediately.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Late or missing refunds
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both sale and regular priced items may be refunded.
If your item is damaged or defective you can choose to receive a refund, or an exchange. If you would like to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com. If we ask for the item to be sent back, the returns address is:
Unit 68 422-426 Somerville Road
Tottenham, VIC, 3012.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
If we ask for the item to be sent back, the returns address is:
Unit 68 422-426 Somerville Road
Tottenham, VIC, 3012.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item, unless that item was damaged when received, in which case we will cover the cost of shipping. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
If you have a question about our warranty, please click here for more information.